Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Gail Moore: She's Got Swag 'Cause God Is Good


Back in the early 90’s, I was attending church in Murrieta, California, and we had a gospel reggae singer come perform and her name was Gail Moore. I purchased her CD titled "Amarachi Keep On Singing” and I was immediately hooked by this unique sound, so I did what do good DJs do, I started promoting it.

Gail and I became friends and eventually asked me to DJ her farewell party as she and her husband Art Moore (former nose guard with the NFL New England Patriots) were leaving Southern California to live in Biloxi, Mississippi.

After Gail and Art left Southern California, we unfortunately lost touch for almost 25 years. I was going through my CD collection and found her CD that I had all these years. So I Googled Gail Moore and found her on Facebook. I messaged her and about two weeks later she contacted me by phone and we spoke for three and a half hours catching up the last 25 years.

Gail told me she was coming out with a new album and sent me the songs on the album. Her hit single “God Is Good" starts out similar to Marvin Gaye's "Got To Give It Up." She gets her groove on with such an outstanding R&B vibe, you just instantly want to get up and dance.

I called Gail and told her this was going to be a hit. This song is such a different sound from the first CD I heard 25 years ago. In my opinion Gail Moore has a sound mixture of Toni Braxton, Aretha Franklin and Anita Baker all wrapped up in one.

Other song titles on her new album are Swag, I Will Be, Oh How I Love Jesus, and Open My Heart.

Many DJs, let alone the buying public in the secular world may not think about purchasing a Christian or Gospel CD, but this CD is one you should definitely add to your music collection.

Gail’s music can crossover from Gospel to Jazz to R&B. Her songs “God Is Good” and  Swag are currently being played on several Jazz stations in Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Detroit and even as far as the United Kingdom.

Gail Moore has been blessed with such talent that throughout her career she's had the opportunity to sing and perform with the great Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Luther Vandross, along with Christian Artists BeBe Winans, Donnie McClurkin, Stephen Curtis Chapman, Aaron Neville, and Amy Grant. She has even performed with America's Pastor & Evangelist Billy Graham.

Be on the lookout for Gail’s Christmas album which can be purchased on her website at www.gailtheartist.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment