Wednesday, January 23, 2019

A Funky Groovy Smooth Jazz Evening with Joe Rozum

About  4 years ago I had the pleasure to emcee a show for my good friend Freddie Ravel, who was performing at Herb Alpert's Jazz Club in Beverly Hills, CA. Freddie, as usual sold out his show with celebrities in attendance such as Verdine White, (Earth, Wind & Fire), Ken Kragen, (who created and organized "We Are The World") Sheila E., and the legendary Tom Jones. Also in attendance was a gentleman who may not have had achieved top celebrity status as of yet, but he is slowly getting his recognition in Los Angeles as a top pianist and composer and his name is Joe Rozum.

Joe came up to me after the show, and introduced himself. The meeting was very pleasant and he humbly asked me if he could give me some of his CD's and listen to them. I graciously said of course and I promised him I would not only listen to them but give him my honest opinion of his music.

Little did Joe know that I am a man of my word. I was extremely surprised that with his talent, why was he not getting the recognition he deserved? I listened to every cut on all four of the CD's I received and told him what I felt could be used for DJ's at private events.

Joe was equally surprised that I actually listened and promised him a fair critique of his work. This was the beginning of a fantastic friendship that has brought two guys from humble beginnings to collaborate with each other.

Joe Rozum is not only a talented musician but he is extremely likable, very humble and gracious. He has a few celebrity friends who are following his musical career very carefully. Those friends include Martin Sheen, Betty Thomas, Dyan Cannon and John Stamos.

Joe had a dream that was fulfilled when he made his debut concert performance at Vibrato Jazz Club to a sold out audience in 2017. He since then has had two more performances at Vibrato which by the way have also sold out. I was also asked by Joe to be his emcee for those three appearances. I am honored and privileged to have a friend like Joe Rozum and together we are working to raise his star power to a level that it should be at.

When Joe Rozum performs he has a great line-up of extraordinary musicians that make up his band. On bass he has had Hussein Jiffrey (Sergio Mendez, Herb Alpert) and Larry Antonino (Pablo Cruise). On guitar his man is Grant Geissman, (Chuck Mangione and co-writer of the score for sitcom Two and A Half Men). On drums he has Jonathan Dressel (Jimmy Kimmel Show) and vocals he has had Carmen Carter (Dancing With The Stars), Brenda Epperson (actress who portrayed Ashley Abbott on soap opera Young and the Restless), and last but not least the lead singer from Ambrosia, Ken Stacey.

My recommendation is that if your in the Los Angeles area and Joe Rozum is performing at Vibrato Jazz Club, this is a great intimate venue to experience the music of Joe Rozum. You'll be glad you did. For more information contact Joe at
www.joerozum.com or you can go to www.vibratogrilljazz.com or call (310) 474-9400


No comments:

Post a Comment